The general policy of the National Social Insurance Fund is to ensure the sustainability and integrity of the Institution through good governance and the respect of a number of Cartesian principles.
- Discipline: refers to compliance with laws and regulations;
- Ethics: aims to prioritise the functioning of the Institution over personal interests;
- Teamwork: consists of encouraging the sharing of experience and expertise for better performance;
- Performance: allows staff at all levels to take responsibility for obtaining the best possible results;
- Modernisation of the Institution's action: characterised by the implementation of a reliable, secure and user-oriented information system with rational procedures;
- Maintaining and boosting the confidence of partners, employers, insured persons and pensioners.